Friday, May 21, 2010

FRIDAY FLOWERS! :)

Well, I hope everyone is having a wonderful day :) I know I am blogging A LOT about my Garden right now, but so much is happening and I get very excited and I just want to share all the fun and beauty with you. :)

So, this week's Friday Flowers is a little different. I wanted to share with you a small corner of my Garden, my little "Secret", peaceful, side Garden. There I have tried to plant more native plants and of course I have a lot of "Friends" who live there and I thought you might just want to meet them :)

Side Gate Entrance to "Secret" Garden. "Beware of the Gator" Sign.


"Gator Guarder" Don't worry he doesn't bite and he is on a leash tied to the fence :) (He! He!)

Doesn't everyone need a "Gator Guarder" :)


The Beautiful aged moss covered brick path, that meanders front the gate to the Arbor.

A few of the plants :)


Here is "Hedgie", he is quite happy sitting on his swing taking everything in. :)


Bird Bath and copper Flower ornaments.

"A City Girl Lives Here" sign.

Some of my garden "Helpers" :)

"Guitar Man" amount the Native Plants :)


My "Peaceful" retreat, guarded by a pair of Turtles :)

Peter Rabbit and his Helper :)

The Rose Arbor (above) will soon look like this (below)


I really hope you enjoyed seeing my "Secret" Garden and meeting some of my "Buddies" who hang out there :)

There is still time to enter to win the Beautiful Vintage Jewelry in my May Giveaway check the details HERE it is so easy to enter.

Have a Wonderful Weekend. :)
Happy Painting/Creating! :) T.

14 comments:

Bethany Dirksen said...

That walkway is amazingly beautiful. I might need to sneak into your special place for some relaxation!

Claire said...

Oh my, what an incredibly beautiful garden you have! Would you come and work on mine, too? It's not near as tidy as yours. But you've inspired me; soon as the sun shines I'm going to do some weeding. If only I could afford some mulch, the weeds might stay away.
Thanks for the photo inspiration.
Claire from Heartspace on Etsy
(Live in PDX, too.)

kelli g. { bug miscellany } said...

i always look forward to your 'friday flowers.' and i must say, you have THE MOST impressive garden! that little hedgie is the cutest ever. :)

Almost Precious said...

Absolutely incredible ! A most lovely secret garden retreat, almost magical with its lush foliage, pretty flowers and whimsical creatures. Bet you feel a bit like Alice as you stroll through your wonderland. :)

customdesigns4ubynan said...

oh I am so envious! My dream is to have my own house and garen. Yours looks so cool and peaceful. Love the gator and guitar man!

Angela's Glass Studio said...

What a beautiful garden! I loved The Secret Garden as a girl and this reminds me of that.

The Lavender Daisy said...

Your garden looks so peaceful, and your garden friends are so cute! :)

Teddy Started It said...

I'm a sucker for a hidden garden. I just love them and I'm hoping to create one in my side yard - too bad it's got a southern exposure, which means I'll be able to fry my breakfast on my stone bench;p

I'm also a sucker for a cute hedgehog. If he ever goes missing, you know who stole him. (I ain't afraid of your gater.)

Oh, My Darling said...

Oh, I just love the gnomes! So quirky!

Rainy Day Gardener said...

I adore Hedgie. How cute! How are your poppies? Mine are about to burst open with bright orange color!

My Life Under the Bus said...

Beautiful I love your Gator ! He is a handsome fellow !

Annette said...

Oh my goodness. I want to come hang out with you and your pals in your secret garden. :) It looks peaceful and relaxing and so beautiful!

cabin + cub said...

Great garden... I love Hedgie! I am so envious.. our patio is so small!.. and we're still working on it! ;)

Valerie @ LilyEmmeJewelry.com said...

Beautiful garden...it seems so peaceful : )