Monday, April 21, 2014

MY YEAR IN PHOTOS 2013 :)


Hi All :)

I hope you are all doing well and enjoying life :)

For the past few years now I have been keeping score of how many photos I take each year with my Nikon camera and also sharing with you some of the photos that I really haven't had time to share before as the year whizzed by so quickly! (Don't they all, lol :)

So, for the record I only took approx. 7,000 photos in 2013 compared to the previous years that is way down but still, I got some great shots and feel good about my work progressing :)

You can see the previous posts and photos here; 2012, 2011 and 2010 :)

                          
        Well, I usually do this post at the end of January and so I know I am like nearly 3 months behind with posting these images but here                                      is my 2013 in Photos :)

(it is really hard to just pick 2 photos for each month to share with you guys but you don't want to be here for a whole year looking at them, LOL!!! :)

                               I Hope you enjoy them :)



JANUARY


                                                 click on photos to see larger images :)


New Years Day in Lake Oswego, Oregon. A bright but chilly start to the year :) This is a little glimpse of the Willamette River, the photo is of these old pilings (the birds love to sit on them ) the trees from upstream were getting caught up in them but a few days later (as the river was running so quickly) these trees were gone. (SOOC SHOT)




Later into January I looked out of my bedroom window one morning and saw a very frosty Oak Tree, we were in for a cold spell :(



FEBRUARY



And so the cold frost continued into February :(




And continued...............(my poor Wisteria)



MARCH



So, it was time to go off to sunny California, get away from the cold and celebrate my B.Day :) 
(SOOC SHOT)
If you want to see the San Diego photos you can see them HERE :)




We came home to lots and lots of rain but a few weeks later out came the Daffodils and the Grape hyacinths in the garden, oh and the sun too! YAY!! :) (SOOC SHOT)



APRIL



I LOVE the way this building in Portland is painted, so bright and cheery, we need it! So many houses are painted in "Northwest" colours, so they are dark and dreary :(  (SOOC SHOT)
(You all know my house is painted yellow right :)




My Hubby & I celebrated our 30th Wedding Anni in 2013, a milestone for sure :) I would not let him order flowers (yes, I am that bossy, lol :) So, he bought these, at the local store, for me instead, so pretty :) (SOOC SHOT)
If you missed the Wedding Photos you can see them HERE :)



MAY



In May, we headed to the Midwest to celebrate our Son's college Graduation, you can see those photos HERE :) 
Oh, we flew into Chicago and took a little road trip first; we were driving around looking for somewhere to eat and I noticed the sun setting behind this roller-coaster at the Six Flags in Gurnee, Il. It made me giggle because our family's fav. Christmas movie in "Christmas Vacation"; Eddie says; "....gas money give out in Gurnee" LOL!!!  :) (SOOC SHOT)




Windmill in Holland, Michigan :)



JUNE



In all the years I have been growing Poppies, I have never seen one that has literally just "hatched" I was so excited, of course I grabbed my camera :) (SOOC SHOT)




We see a LOT of clouds in Oregon but for me this was so unusual because they literally came right down onto the road. Believe me there are some Mounts and hills behind that mass. (SOOC SHOT)



JULY



I added a textural layer over this photo of our garden shed :)




We stopped at this small park off Hwy. 18 on the way to the Oregon Coast; I just loved how still the water was making the reflections amazing :) (SOOC SHOT)



AUGUST



I had to show you at least one Rose shot; this one is in my back garden, I LOVE it :) (SOOC SHOT)




I LOVE taking photos of building, this one has a tree growing inside of it and a creeper inside behind the door. It is made of a mix match of things. (Portland Oregon) (SOOC SHOT)



SEPTEMBER



Party Table (unfortunately not for me) at my fav. winery (PONZI) in Wine Country, Oregon :) 
(SOOC SHOT)




"Mouse Party" These are my fav. I love the shape and colours, I had the pink one for a long time and then of course when I needed to get another one they had discontinued the pink, WHAT!!!! I freaked out and bought the last red one I could find and multiple blue ones, I think I am covered for a while, lol :) 
(SOOC SHOT)



OCTOBER



On a bright Sunny Fall Day driving around the neighborhood I spied these lovely California Poppies in full bloom growing at the bottom of a telegraph pole, so cool :) 
 (SOOC SHOT)




As I was crossing the mighty Columbia River via the "Bridge of the Gods" heading to Skamania Lodge, I looked West and quickly took this shot as the sun had just set and the gorge was flooded with so many lovely colours :) (SOOC SHOT)



NOVEMBER



This shot was taken well into November (in Portland), I couldn't believe these beautiful Autumn leaves were still so bright and colourful and hanging in there :)
(SOOC SHOT)




The beautiful morning Fall light glowing thru the Oak Trees in our back garden :) Shot taken thru my bedroom window :) (SOOC SHOT)



DECEMBER



Vintage Dakin Pom Pom Santa Xmas Tree Ornament :) (story behind this next blog post or you would be here all year, lol  :)
(SOOC SHOT)




Xmas twinkle lights in a park in Lake Oswego, Oregon :) 
(SOOC SHOT)





So, again, this past year I have been working with multi layering photography, as well as challenging myself to continue my quest to produce beautiful imagery with SOOC (Straight out of camera) and no flash photos.

So, I hope you enjoyed my 2013 Year in Photos :)

Let me know what you think :)

Have a lovely Monday :)

Happy Painting/Creating! :) T.


32 comments:

Melissa said...

I love the March palm trees the best. Very beautiful! We do 4H and my son did the three photography books. OMG we had so many pictures over those three years.

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Hi M.

Oh I can image all the photos but what a fun project :)

Lots of memories for you :)

Have a lovely week, cheers, T. :)

keithchip said...

Awesome shots and a great way to tell the story of the year. I love the vivid blue of the grape hyacinths, but also the roller coaster, and the shed - all are personal favorites.
Can't help wondering what the 2014 album will look like.

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Thanks K. :)

You know you shouldn't ask about 2014, it might be an big old empty screen, lol :)

Cheers, T. :)

Annette said...

What gorgeous photos, T. I never get tired of seeing what you've done or are doing.
I wish I could spend a day taking pictures with you. I could learn so much!!
Have a great week :)

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Thanks so much A. for your sweet words :)

You know I would LOVE to spend the day with you taking photos and we could go for tea too! :)

Maybe one day we will have to meet in the middle of America :)

Hope you have a wonderful week
too :)

Cheers, T. :)

Almost Precious said...

2013 did go by quickly, too quickly and looks like 2014 will be no different.
T you've picked some wonderful photos to highlight what was definitely a rather busy year for you. There are so many beautiful pictures here it would be hard to choose just one, but I do find my eyes going back to the photo of that amazing building in Portland. Its vivid colors remind me of something out of a fairytale. :)

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Hi Anna, :)

Yep, 2013 did go in a flash :(

I too LOVE the colours of that building, bright and cheery all the way :)

Hope you have a lovely week :)

Always great to see you here :)

Cheers, T. :)

Abby / Linda said...

Love your year in photos! Know some of them, since I am your neighbor in Milwaukie OR. You are an awesome photographer. Love to see all your photos!!

Charlotte said...

What an awesome year of photos! I love this recap, its a great way of seeing where you went and what you saw. Thanks for sharing.

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Hi A/L. :)

Thanks so much for stopping by :)

So appreciate your sweet words about my work :)

Nice to meet another local :)

I'm now following both your blogs :)

Cheers, T. :)

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Hi C. :)

Thanks sweetie for your thoughtful and sweet comment :)

It was great to be in some of those places with you :)

See you soon, Love T.xxx

c.creativity said...

Beautiful!

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Hi C.C. :)

Thanks so much :)

Have a lovely week, cheers, T. :)

Unknown said...

Hi darlin, enjoyed all your fab pics...what a clever little lady you are! I remember when you came to Tilewood Ave to stay for a few days during holiday break, and you and our Gerald (Ged) played on his bicycle and he got his finger stuck between the chain and the bar, what a catastrophe! I managed to get the neighbour to baby-sit Steve (he was a baby)and you, while I ran over to the surgery with Ged to get it dressed! Happy days, long gone, what memories Teresa. Bye and God Bless, what a lovely family you have. Gerry xx

A. Sparkle said...

These photos are awesome! I especially loves the pix with flowers. :) this makes me want to take a photography class to get real training. Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos and the inspiration!

Periwinkle Paisley said...

Lovely lovely pictures! I liked that you posted some personal things rather than something that pertains to that month or season, like the pretty table and the mice.

Unknown said...

Wow, you have made a lot of wonderful pictures! The poppy that just started to unfold is my favorite.
But the windmill made me think of home (The Netherlands, Holland)

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Hi Auntie G. :)

Yep, I remember that time so well, Gerald was showing me how fast the wheels on the bike would spin when the bike was turned upside down.

Oh the things children do.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I truly appreciate your sweet words :)

Love T. :)

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Hi A. :)

You are so welcome :)

And thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely comment, it really means a lot to me that I could inspire you :)

If I can offer any advice on Photography at all, just let me know :)

Have a lovely week, cheers, T. :)




Hi P. :)

I'm so happy you love my work :)

And the different photos, like the "Mouse Party" :)

Great to see you here :)

Have a lovely Wednesday, cheers, T. :)



Hi V. :)

I hope I didn't make you feel homesick just happy when you saw the Windmill :)

And the Poppy just opening, is one of my Favs. too :)

Hope you have a wonderful week :)

Cheers, T. :)

2justByou said...

I always go crazy for your flower shots! I love your yearly round up of favorites. I remember seeing your post about 2012. You did a great job of just picking two for each month.

Unknown said...

Beautiful. Love the macro shots of the flowers, but that colourful building is something else!

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Hi Kim,

It makes me so happy that you "go crazy" for my flower shots, I LOVE taking photos of flowers, esp. the ones in my garden :)

Hope you have a wonderful Weekend, cheers, T. :)

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Hi A-M,

So happy you like the flower shots :)

I have to agreed that building is "something else" so fun and creative, I'm so happy I get to share these photos with everyone :)

Have a lovely weekend, cheers, T. :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful colors. Nice composition :)

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Hi V. :)

Thanks so much for your lovely comment :)

Have a wonderful Weekend, :)

Cheers, T. :)

Meeling said...

What great shots!! 7000 pictures...omg! When I went to Italy a few years back I think I took close to 1000 and I thought that was a lot.

Love the colors in your pictures, you always seem to capture the mood so perfectly. I think my fave out of the bunch is the bright houses in Portland - how fun!! It reminds me of the island of Burano outside Venice, where all the houses are painted the most wonderful colors.

Thanks for sharing!

ps...I finally got a new blog post up...do pop by and say hi! :-)

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Hi M.

Really awesome to see you back in "Bloggerville" :)

Thanks so much for your sweet words :)

I hope one day to get to see those beautiful houses in Burano :)

Have a wonderful week, cheers, T. :)

cabin + cub said...

Awesome! So add amazing editor to your list too… I would have a heck of a time editing 7000 photos down!

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Hi V. :)

Thanks so much for you lovely comment :)

Yep, it is challenging to narrow down 7,000 images but a lot of fun too :)

Hope you have a lovely Thursday :)

Cheers, T. :)

Chris said...

Hi there, I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Hi C,

Thanks so much for stopping by and your lovely comment :)

I stopped by your blog and LOVE it :)

Am now your latest follower too :)

Have a lovely week, cheers, T. :)