Monday, November 22, 2010

November is My Travel Month.

Happy Monday Everyone!

I hope you are all feeling a lot better than me. I have Bronchitis :( BLAH!!!!! Oh well the joys of the season.

To cheer myself up, I have been thinking about all the significant trips I have taken in the month of November. It has definitely been my travel month. This time last year I went on a road trip to visit my daughter in San Fran. (Fun times!)

Our Family moved to the US from England one very cold November. And both the previous times I had lived in North America I either went or left in November.

So, as I was travelling around the local area recently I found myself snapping shots of Railway Tracks and it made me want to hop on a train to go off on an adventure. (So, I hopped on the internet to book a couple of trips for 2011 instead He! He!)


















































I love how this disappears around the corner :)







































It was so much fun capturing the tracks in different locations in different lights. I am a big fan of graffiti, I know it is a nuisance to a lot of people and the gang related stuff does worry me but some of it is very relevant artwork.

I hope you enjoyed this little adventure. Where would you like the Train Tracks to take you?

Leave me a comment and let me know :)

One more thing, a couple of the groups I belong to on Etsy are having big sales.  Here is the link to the Createability Team Blog with a list of participating Etsy Shops with Sales check them out you never know what you might fall in love with. :)

I will keep you posted of the Female Photographers of Etsy Sale too (Not posted yet)

Happy Painting/Creating! :) T.

13 comments:

kelli g. { bug miscellany } said...

ugh bronchitis is the WORST! hope you are feeling loads better soon.

i loooooove train trips! i used to take amtrak from NYC to Toledo (and then a short car ride up north to back home!) several times a year.

i am dying to take the train down to portland. it's pretty cheap, and i'd so rather spend the time staring out the window than fighting horrid I-5 traffic.

where are you going?

Anonymous said...

Ugh! HATE bronchitis! Feel better soon and get loads of rest.

I'm also a fan of graffiti art. There's a rather large movement in my city, so I'm kind of spoiled in that regard. We get to see an ever evolving selection of really impressive graffiti.

Almost Precious said...

Take care of the bronchitis, it can lead to pneumonia if one isn't careful. As a child I can't count how many times I had bronchitis and what doctors called "walking pneumonia". Every winter I'd come down with bronchitis at least once, drove my mom crazy as it would eventually require a trip to the doctors for a shot of penicillin. Thank the Lord I outgrew it and no longer get it every winter.

The photos of the train tracks brings out the vagabond in me, now I'd like to go a-wandering ... but no knapsack on my back, for me it's a posh hotel or forget it. LOL

Clare said...

There's something about trains and train tracks, especially freight trains that is sooo intriguing. I think it has to do with possibility - those train tracks lead somewhere distant and, for me at least, offer the fantasy of escape, which often leads to real life trips and adventure...and the graffiti...art that travels.

Take care your yourself, I hope you start to feel better soon!

readingsully2 said...

Great shots.

Meeling said...

Lovely track shots...I love the train. My most recent...Florence to Venice this past spring...wonderful trip!

Stephanie said...

get better asap!

I love the one that bends around the corner, great shot!

Rainy Day Gardener said...

I really love the one with the tracks going around the corner to the left!
I hope you start feeling better soon, no real remedy other than rest. Cheers T!

so many memories said...

I hope you feel better real soon! The pictures are fantastic as always! I'm taking my first train ride in December up to NYC to spend a weekend with my sister! I can't wait!!

keithchip said...

Yeah I love the one that goes around the corner and the ones with travelling into the sunlight. I would like these to be the tracks to prosperity... (I think its a town in Oregon)...

Hope you feel a lot better very soon...

Bethany Dirksen said...

Love the shots where the sun is shining down the tracks. Good capture.

Unknown said...

I hope you are feeling better soon!

My Life Under the Bus said...

I hope you've coughed everything up! BLEECH!!! LOL - I love trains! When I was younger we didn't have a car so we took Amtrack to travel. I was always so excited to wrap up on of my dollies along for the ride. I miss the old fashioned trains with the fancy rattan overed seats and wooden fans!