Friday, September 4, 2009

Sports T-Shirt Quilt.

I am making this sports T-Shirt quilt for my son who just went away to college. I have time to finish it before the Midwest winters kick in; so I am told they start with a vengeance at the end of October.


I know this is forward planning but I knew pretty early on I was going to do this project so I have been saving my son's sports related T-Shirts since he was very young. One of the shirts is from his preschool T-ball team. How cute is that. :)


My Son is a sports fan (to say the least) and is studying a sports related curriculum at college. He pretty much lives and breaths sports and I have spent many an hour, like a lot of proud parents, driving him and sitting watching him play basketball, baseball, soccer and tennis plus all the sports camps. He has spent his free time watching pretty much every sport on the planet except golf. He likes his sports but he also knows so much about most sports and is passionate about stats.


So, I thought I would share this to inspire all the Mom's who have sports crazy kids to save their favourite T's and make this simple quilt. It is basically a memory quilt, a brief capsule of fun moments in their lives.



Of course there had to be one Superman Tee in there. :)


Some are Tees from his favourite basketball teams, some from tourneys he participated in, camps he was involved in and seasonal sports too. I miss those times but also I am glad they are over. With 3 kids playing 3 different sports at any given time within a 25 mile radius after school and weekends were a juggling act but one many do with love and I joyfully did it, I just can't imagine having the energy to do it though.


Have a wonderful Weekend.


Happy Painting/Creating! :) T.

1 comment:

Justine said...

That is the coolest quilt!! What a great keepsake!

Justine
http://justnibbles.blogspot.com/