Thursday, April 21, 2016

HAPPY CUSTOMERS



Hi All :)

I hope your Thursday is off to a wonderful start :)

I wanted to pop in and share a photo I received from a recent customer :)

I get emails from a lot of my customers telling me that they are happy with my work, usually it is when they have had a photograph of mine framed and it fits in the space they placed it just how they had imagined it to be (very gratifying :)

And on occasion some customers like to send me photographs of my work in their homes. It really makes me feel so happy that people are enjoying my work :)

This project (image below) was a new venture for me. Originally the customer had purchased my "Colorful Fishing Floats" Throw Pillow Cover (cushion on the back of the chair in the photo) 
from my Etsy Shop :)

Then a couple of weeks later they contacted me to see if I could customize a yard of fabric with the same image on it so they could cover the seat of the rocking chair. At first I thought, "how am I going to do that?" but eventually I worked it out. There is a company called "Spoonflower" who have been around for about 10 years who have lots of beautiful fabrics created by lots of talented Artists. I have thought about put my work onto fabric before but you know how time is, it disappears and one thing leads to another and before you know it, it is another thing that is sitting on the backburner waiting for you to rethink it. So, it was a wonderful opportunity for me to revisit putting my work onto fabric. I was a bit nervous, I have to admit, but after exchanging emails with the company and getting some much needed advice I uploaded the image and drop shipped the fabric to the customer. Then it was nail biting time because I was watching the tracking to see when the fabric would arrive at the customers home.

About a week after I saw the fabric had been delivered I was getting nervous, these customers had been great communicators in the lead up time, so I was just about to send them an email and the photo of the finished Rocking Chair arrived with a lovely, lovely thank you from the Happy Customers :)

What is so awesome about this is now I know I can put my work onto fabric with confidence and am excited about a new avenue for my work but most of all I have Happy Customers who have a one of a kind chair, unique to them & their home :)

Every time I look at this photo it makes me smile and I think it really is a work of art, with the yellow accents too and the Artist in me is very, very Happy :)




(photo shared courtesy of my Happy Customers :)



Hope you enjoyed this little story & image :)

Happiness All Round :)

Have a wonderful Thursday :)

Happy Painting/Creating! :) T.



8 comments:

Penny @ Penny's Passion said...

Love the end product! You had to smile when you saw your work in action. How cool!

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Hi P. :)

Thanks so much for your comment :)

Yep, I was smiling and still am :)

It is great to help people make beautiful unique items to be a part of their lives :)

Happy Thursday, cheers, T. :)

Duni said...

Hi Teresa,
what an appreciative customer and how wonderful that they shared a picture!
The fabric looks great! I found a site like Spoonflower that caters to the EU market. I haven't got round to looking into though...
Have a happy, sunny Friday :)

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Hi D. :)

I was really excited that the customer sent the photo :)

Thanks so much for the compliment :)

I'm excited to get some flowers onto fabrics too and have them available for sale thru Spoonflower at some point :)

Hope you have a wonderful Friday, too :)

Cheers, T. :)

Annette said...

It's just awesome how this turned out for them and for you! Good job all the way around! :)

I can picture some of your gorgeous flower photos as fabric. And it's such a fantastic idea. Let us know how it goes. :)

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Hi A. :)

It was a wonderful project to be a part of for sure :)

I am really excited to take some time to get some flower photos onto fabric and I am also thinking about working with a company to get my work onto dresses and silk tops and big wraps/scarves :)

We will see :)

Hope your week is going well, always good to see you here :)

Happy Monday, cheers, :) T.

Almost Precious said...

Yes it has been ages since I've visited any blogs (hope you don't faint seeing me here, ha ha). I've not updated my blog in what seems like, forever - might do that someday (but not today).

Love how your amazing photo looks on fabric and it looks terrific on that chair. I'm sure your customers are thrilled with how it came together.

I have visited Spoonflower's website before and think they are incredible. It is wonderful what can be accomplished with today's technology.

Hope all is going well with you and your family - Hope the New Year will be a truly blest one for you all. BTW are you still in Southern California ( think it was San Diego ?) ?

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Hi A. :)

Happy New Year :)

It is good to see you here again :)

I must get back to more blogging, I miss it :)

Hope all goes well, cheers, T. :)