Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Flowers in San Diego :)


Happy Wednesday Everyone! :)

I can't believe it has been nearly 7 weeks since I returned from my Vaca in San Diego. I really feel like I need another one, wouldn't it be great if we could go on Vaca every two months, I guess the rich and famous do but little old me doesn't fall into that category so, I will look at my photos and remember what a wonderful time we had :)

I wanted to share some of the photos I took of the lovely flowers we were surrounded by, mostly at the hotel, in San Diego :) 




Bird of Paradise




Yellow Poppies :)





Lovely Poppy Combo :)





Pink Poppies (You can guess how excited I was to see these colourful Poppies in lots of places, ya know being a POPPY GIRL :)





White Poppy :)





Bougainvillea ( I really like this shot as you can see some of the bars from the veranda with bokeh in the background :)





Orchids in the Library :)





Bougainvillea






Bird of Paradise





These look like Button Chrysanthemums :)





Hibiscus











These 3 above I am not sure what they are except beautiful :)





Snapdragons :)





Bougainvillea





Snapdragons :)






This is an out of focus(obviously, LOL!) night shot of Daisies closed up for the night, I added it because even though it is out of focus I love the movement and the artistic quality to it :)





Cactus ( I Love the form and texture)





These Beautiful Orange Flowers are called Clivia (I didn't know until I googled it, you just thought I was smart didn't you, LOL!)










These 2 are the same shot but I added a textural layer to the shot below




what do you think, do you like it with or without?

I hope you are all well :)

Off to skype chat with my son :)

Happy Painting/Creating! :) T.








15 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos - I think I like the one without the texture.

Gallery32 said...

I agree. I would love to go on vacation every two months. Lovely flowers :)

c.creativity said...

That cactus shot is amazing! I wish we had some of those more exotic flowers, like hibiscus, to photograph up here in Seattle. Maybe it won't be too long before I can get down to southern california for a little sunshine and photography fun!

Meeling said...

Gorgeous shots Teresa!! Love the poppies - I absolutely love poppies! The way they dance in the breeze and the vibrant colors.

Vacation every 2 months - oh yes please, sign me up!! (oh forgot - I'm not in the rich & famous category either) ;-)

Annette said...

The poppies are just beautiful in so many colors all together. The out of focus one is just cool!
I'm so ready for a vacation, but it will be awhile. I'm not part of the rich and famous either!

keithchip said...

Thanks for posting the great photos full of color and sun. Good to see, and a wonderful reminder of vacation times.

Jaime Haney said...

Outstanding photography T! My goodness what beautiful flowers. I love poppies, too. I have a Clivia, a yellow one and they are just gorgeous.

I like the photo best without the texture layer.

xx Jaime

Daily Dose of Handmade said...

AMAZING photos! I am a sucker for poppies :) Gorgeous!

shellie said...

wow i adore san diego its a great place for flowers.im glad you had a good trip.

Unknown said...

Such lovely pictures T, looks like lovely spring/summer scenes compared to our orange and gold leaves.
Bougainvillea is my fav - and hibiscus of course because it reminds me of the pacific islands :-D

Almost Precious said...

Fantastic photos but must admit that the poppies are my favorite. So pretty and perky and joyful looking.

I too have been away from blogging and the internet. Finally broke down today and sent in a request for an appointment at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida. Maybe they can find out what's wrong with me, since my local doctors and dermatologists can not. If they haven't a clue then guess I'll have to learn to live with it and lots of plastic surgery along with a healthy dose of attitude adjustment. :D

Why Girls Are Weird said...

Love the Bird of Paradise!

Charlotte said...

Vacations are amazing! All your photos are beautiful. I especially like the birds of paradise and pink poppies!

My Life Under the Bus said...

Love the texture! My Dad lives in San Diego but I've never been so I'm a little jealous! XOXO

Teresa Reasor said...

Excellent photos. I'm a horrible photographer. I envy your skill. I enjoyed them very much.
Teresa Reasor