Monday, December 5, 2011

Fuchsias in December in Portland :)


Hi Everyone :)

I hope you are all well and the Holiday Season is not too crazy for you just yet :)

I have been home in the joyful (note sarcasm) throes of a C.F.S. relapse, seriously, timing could not be worse, but I know the drill, rest until it starts to subside (I really hope it lightens up for Christmas but, as I know all to well, it is unpredictable and so I just hope :)

So given that I am pretty much housebound and I can only enjoy the beautiful weather we are experiencing thru the windows (but much better than it being rainy and dark :) I thought I would share some of what I am seeing out in the beautiful world :)

The birds are very active on the bird feeder outside the kitchen window and I can't believe the Fuchsias are still flowering in the hanging baskets in December, even after our frosty mornings recently here in Portland :)

I thought I would share the pictures I took of them, I hope they cheer you as much as they do me :)

First a Few Night Shots (shot thru glass)



























I really like this shot, it reminds me of Victorian wallpaper, or maybe my eyesight is just going (He! He! :)


And a few Day Shots (shot thru glass also :)




























The first of these two is a SOOC (straight out of camera) shot :) The second one is slightly altered with a bit of contrast :)




Hope you enjoy these beautiful blooms :)

Do you have a fav. shot?!?!

I Hope you have a lovely week!

Happy Painting/Creating! :) T.

13 comments:

Annette said...

Even through the glass your photos are gorgeous! I'm sorry about the CFS. There's no good time to relapse, but for me this would be the worst time. My knee injury from a year ago is bothering more now than it did all year. That's what I get for putting off surgery! I hope you feel better soon! XOXO

Meeling said...

Gorgeous Teresa!! I'm sorry that you've had a relapse...and of course when is the timing ever good for something like that. Glad to see that you are still shooting pics and hopefully not letting it get your spirit down too much.

Here's to feeling better asap!!
xo

shellie said...

gorgeous....i killed mine. i hope you are feeling better soon. i know it can be a bummer though. thanks again for the lovely pictures.

SibStudio said...

Your photos are gorgeous! No flowers left here in the cold, but I enjoyed yours! Hope you feel better soon!

keithchip said...

I really enjoy the night shots with the dark background and those fuchsias sure seem resilient. Any color at this time of year is great. Hang in there, you are a strong lady! I hope you can feel better very soon.

Charlotte said...

I really like the night shots! I love seeing flowers in December. I keep meaning to take a photo of the Passion flowers still coming out down the road from me. Amazing. Hope you feel better soon! :)

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Thanks you guys! It is always great to hear from you all, esp. when I am stuck inside, thanks for the kind words of support :)

I am so glad you liked my fuchsias :)

Cheers, T. :)

Almost Precious said...

Dear T, I hope you're feeling better by now and are able to start enjoying this most special time of year.
Your photos of the fuchsias are amazing (especially considering they were shot through glass) and as you may already know, fuchsias are my favorite flowers. Wish I could grow them here in Florida but our summers are too hot and I don't think they like our sandy, alkaline soil. :(

Unknown said...

T, your windows must be incredibly clean to be able to take such fab photos through them!
I love the 2nd night time picture.
Hope you're feeling better :-)

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Thank you Anna and Gill :)

Not only are these photos of the Fuchsias shot thru glass but I do not use flash either. :)

This is a technique I have been using for the past 2 years and LOVE doing :)

Thanks so much for your sweet comments. :)

Although I am not totally back to my "average" health level, I have been able to actually decorated the Xmas Tree! 10 ornaments a day, YAY!!! :)

Thank you my dear Blogger buddies :)

Happy Holidays, cheers, T. :)

Jaime Haney said...

What a beautiful view you have from your windows! Fuchsia's have always been a favorite of mine, though I seem to always kill them. I think it's too hot here in the summer for them.

I love all those shots, but I like that shot that you think looks victorian ;)

Victoria Bennett Beyer said...

Hi T! Thanks for the sweet comment over on my blog. I stressed for so many years about if I wanted to be a mom or not, and now I can't believe I ever hesitated! Wyle has only been here 3 weeks but she feels like such an immeasurable blessing. Sorry I haven't been over here to visit in a while! I am so jealous of your fuschias. My grandparents in CA had gorgeous huge bushes in their back yard and I loved them so. Your photos of them really took me back to a happy place :). I wish you all the best in 2012!

Jeanna said...

http://barnyardchic.blogspot.com/